Application inquiries can be made anytime
The Unniti Foundation provides grants to individuals, projects, and organizations in India and Nepal. Its special focus is on helping women and girls and on building the institutional and management capacity of voluntary organizations.
The foundation not only gives funds but also provides technical assistance for organizational development and for strategies that promote self-sustainability. Depending on the proposed project, Unniti initially provides grants for a period of one to two years awarded in twice yearly installments.
Being a charitable, non-profit organization incorporated in 1989, the foundation has been working to promote Indian society while enhancing the capacity of Indian organizations and needy individuals.
Focus Country– India & Nepal
Areas of Interest (not limited to)
- Poverty Alleviation
- Women & girls
- Civil society development
- Skills enhancement
- Livelihood & employment
Past Grant Recipients
- Vimla received a small grant of Rs 30,000 from Unniti Foundation and was encouraged to start her own school earning her livelihood.
- Amita Rawat has been supported by Unniti foundation for her professional course in Accountancy in Delhi University. She is now employed in a Multinational Company as Assistant Manager Accounts drawing a handsome salary.
- The organization Prerana has been active in the area of health, employment and education for women and has also received grants from Unniti including a Block grant which helped to form NavAbhiyan.
- Navya, a recently established organisation working for poor slum areas, has been helped by Unniti to get started.
How to apply for grants?
Interested applicants working in the mentioned areas can apply for the funds by directly contacting the foundation.
If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download this full Resource guide in PDF with links to original sites. Additionally, you can access thousands of other donors in our donor database. Not a Premium Member? Sign up now!