Deadline: 21 March 2016
The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (Alliance) is currently accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for its third annual Women’s Empowerment Fund (WEF), a financing mechanism designed to scale effective business models for empowerment through women’s energy entrepreneurship.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Establishing a strong evidence base and evaluating effective approaches
- Increasing access to finance to integrate women’s empowerment into the sector
- Building capacity of enterprises and women entrepreneurs
- Raising awareness and generating demand among women consumers and adolescent girls and boys
- Influencing and setting international and national policies and processes
- The WEF will award grants of up to US$75,000 to at least 4 qualifying organizations.
- The selected WEF projects will have a 12-month timeframe to meet concrete objectives and performance milestones.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Focus Geographies: All qualified individuals and organizations, regardless of location, are encouraged to apply. Although the Alliance has a preference for partners operating in Alliance focus countries (mentioned above), organizations operating in other countries are also encouraged to apply. The Alliance will select the most qualified applications regardless of location; the preference for Alliance focus countries is only weighted if the Alliance needs to make a final selection between applications of comparable quality.
- Alliance Partnership: The applicant organization must be a registered partner of the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves. Applicants who are not currently a Partner must be registered prior to submitting their application.
- Organizational Type/Legal Structure: Organizations can include but are not limited to for-profit companies, social enterprises, foundations, non-profits, universities, research institutes, faith-based institutions, etc.
- Organization Stage of Development: Organizations at all stages of operational development from seed-stage to large global organizations and enterprises.
- Impact: The applicant must be focused on driving highly scalable gender and empowerment impacts in alignment with the Alliance’s mission to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and protect the environment. It is recommended that applicants consult the Alliance’s social impact M&E indicators and tools prior to submission, and highlight any relevant socio-economic indicators that will be measured in your proposal.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the EOIs form via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Note: A shortlist of applicants will be selected to submit a full proposal in the next round, and will receive further instructions by April 8, 2016.
For more information, please visit Global Alliance for Clean.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.