Deadline: 1 April 2016
The Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development is currently inviting applicants for its Additional Thematic Call in the r4d Programme, which supports research that contributes to the solution of global problems. The five thematic modules address the following themes:
- Causes of and solutions to social conflicts in the context of weak public institutions or state fragility
- Employment in the context of sustainable development
- Sustainable management of ecosystems for the provision of ecosystem services
- Innovation in agricultural and food systems for food security
- Provision systems and financing mechanisms in the public health sector
- Conditions and dynamics of employment, with a particular focus on vocational training, in the context of sustainable development
- Ecosystems, ecosystems management, and climate change
- Social determinants and equitable access to health
- Natural resource governance for sustainable development
The ideal scope is CHF 300,000 – 500,000 per year.
- All researchers working at research institutions in Switzerland, except responsible grantees of an ongoing r4d project within a thematic module.
- All researchers originating from a developing country and based at an institution in Africa, Asia and Latin America are eligible.
- The scientific personnel must be employed at an institution that does not conduct research for commercial purposes. Subcontracting to commercial service providers is permissible, provided they are not co-applicants.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Thematic Call 2016.