Deadline: 27 March 2016
Are you an entrepreneur and an African citizen? Do you have an original business idea? Are you looking forward to meet and network with early stage investors, experienced business professionals and successful entrepreneurs? If yes, then apply for MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge.
Jumia is seeking applications from teams for its MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge to contribute to building a stronger and more sustainable business environment in Africa and to boost the entrepreneurial spirit of Africa.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Fit to African Market
- Operational Feasibility
- Innovation and Financials
Areas of Interest
- E-commerce marketplaces
- Online classifieds
- Lifestyle marketplaces
- Online collaborative solutions
- Education technology
- Financial technology
- Health technology
- SmartCities and solutions
Prizes and Benefits
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge will award $75 000 in prizes, including investment, cash and in-kind awards.
- Cash prizes will be for 3 finalist teams, as well as a trip to Cape Town, South Africa to present at the MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge powered by Jumia Festival in May 2016
- Teams must be comprised of 2-3 members, at least one of which must be a current student or recent graduate of an African university.
- Entrants cannot be part of more than one team.
- Only one business plan can be submitted per team.
- Business projects can only be submitted in either English or French.
- The business project must be focused around online-based solutions and must be relevant to the African market criteria
- Projects must consist of 2 elements: Executive Summary (2 pages including SWOT analysis) and Financial Statement (pro forma – Income Statement).
- All ideas must be original and plagiarized entries will not be considered.
- Finalists must be free and willing to travel to Cape Town, South Africa for the Entrepreneurship Festival from 26 – 28 May 2016.
- MTN Solution Space and Jumia ensure the strict protection of Intellectual Property Rights and sensitive details of applicant’s innovation will be kept confidential.
- Everyone involved in selection process is bound by a MTN Solution Space/Jumia and MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge Non-Disclosure agreement requiring them to keep all information confidential.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants can submit their applications via given website.
For more information, please visit MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.