Deadline: 27 March 2016
Are you an entrepreneur and an African citizen? Do you have an original business idea? Are you looking forward to meet and network with early stage investors, experienced business professionals and successful entrepreneurs? If yes, then apply for MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge.
Jumia is seeking applications from teams for its MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge to contribute to building a stronger and more sustainable business environment in Africa and to boost the entrepreneurial spirit of Africa.
- Fit to African Market
- Operational Feasibility
- Innovation and Financials
Areas of Interest
- E-commerce marketplaces
- Online classifieds
- Lifestyle marketplaces
- Online collaborative solutions
- Education technology
- Financial technology
- Health technology
- SmartCities and solutions
Prizes and Benefits
- MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge will award $75 000 in prizes, including investment, cash and in-kind awards.
- Cash prizes will be for 3 finalist teams, as well as a trip to Cape Town, South Africa to present at the MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge powered by Jumia Festival in May 2016
- Teams must be comprised of 2-3 members, at least one of which must be a current student or recent graduate of an African university.
- Entrants cannot be part of more than one team.
- Only one business plan can be submitted per team.
- Business projects can only be submitted in either English or French.
- The business project must be focused around online-based solutions and must be relevant to the African market criteria
- Projects must consist of 2 elements: Executive Summary (2 pages including SWOT analysis) and Financial Statement (pro forma – Income Statement).
- All ideas must be original and plagiarized entries will not be considered.
- Finalists must be free and willing to travel to Cape Town, South Africa for the Entrepreneurship Festival from 26 – 28 May 2016.
- MTN Solution Space and Jumia ensure the strict protection of Intellectual Property Rights and sensitive details of applicant’s innovation will be kept confidential.
- Everyone involved in selection process is bound by a MTN Solution Space/Jumia and MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge Non-Disclosure agreement requiring them to keep all information confidential.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications via given website.
For more information, please visit MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge.