Deadline: 28 August 2015
The 2015 One Africa Award is willing to reward and advance the exceptional work of organisations, founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to helping Africa achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
The award will bring recognition to innovative African efforts to fight poverty and will incentivize more of such efforts.
ONE is an international campaigning and advocacy organization of nearly 7 million people taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Organizations will be graded in five categories
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Extent to which the organisation has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organisation to take intervention to scale.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (i.e. community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate the interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empowers them in a sustainable way) along with transparency of operations.
- Extent to which the organisation has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
Civil society organisations, non-governmental organisations and other groups based in Africa that can demonstrate commitment and success in advocacy to promote the attainment of one or more of the MDGs are eligible to apply for the award.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by downloading and submitting the application form via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit One Africa Award 2015.