Over the years, the Arca Foundation has looked to activists, academics, policy makers, and intellectuals to inform its grant making. Many of these individuals have served on the board, helped to educate trustees and introduced the foundation to a wide arena of philanthropy.
The Arca Foundation is dedicated to advancing social equity and justice, particularly given the growing disparities in our world. The Foundation believes that a vibrant democracy requires an organized and informed citizenry that has access to information and free expression.
- To use its resources to empower the experts on the front lines.
- To ensure transparency and honesty in government and enterprise.
- To engage in affecting public policy.
- To pursue social justice and equity.
- To advance the principle that all persons have the right to a secure and dignified life.
- Public Education
- Promotion of a more equitable, accountable, and transparent economic recovery
- Build a movement to advance a more just economy and Democracy.
- Developing and advocating for innovative ideas;
- Promoting transparency and access to information;
- Fostering greater public debate on critical issues;
- Educating key stakeholders;
- Engaging citizens in strategic organizing and advocacy that builds power and drives change.