Deadline: 30 November 2015
Applications are invited from African individuals and Businesses that indicate ideas and innovative solutions on Education, Healthcare, Technology, Energy and Agriculture for African Innovations Award (AIA) 2015.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The African Innovations Award seeks to promote uniqueness amongst African businesses and individuals to raise the bar by inspiring the next generation to be distinct and establish outstanding businesses that can compete internationally.
The winners of AIA must possess the best innovation based on marketability, originality, scalability, social impact, scientific/technical aspect and clear business potentials.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Science Technology
Innovation in Agriculture includes-Innovations that have demonstrated a lead in the agricultural sector, particularly, value-added at specific points of the agricultural value-chain. It is about providing new ways to ensure a food-secure future for the continent and the world. The innovation could be about commercial and market-oriented farming as well as small-scale and subsistence farming.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
All five winners, in each category will receive $5000 each and other prizes from sponsors.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Recognizing innovation across Africa in key sectors.
- Encouraging continental solutions & ideas from Africans themselves.
- Building a strong African Innovation Eco-system.
- Increasing the relevance of research and development of various developmental issues on our continent.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Applications begin 1st September 2015
- The deadline to apply is November 30th, 2015
- Short listing: 7th – 31th Dec 2015
- Background check: 11th – 25th Jan 2016
- Phone Interviews: 1st -29th Feb 2016
- Invitation Letters Sent 1th -10th March 2016
- Innovation Demonstration Talk: April 5, 2016: 15 finalists
- Awards Ceremony: April 9, 2016
Seven criterions to be considered:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Originality: The uniqueness of the product and its superiority in comparison with similar or alternative products in the market.
- Marketability: The extent to which the innovation sufficiently addresses the problem it seeks to solve at a price or model that is accessible to the target market;
- Scalability: The extent to which the solution can be easily applied to other similar markets beyond the applicant’s immediate or local environment.
- Social impact: The ability of the innovation to positively affect, create or make desirable changes within the targeted communities and beyond.
- Scientific/Technical aspects: For tangible technical/scientific products; this refers to extent to which the technical specifications of the innovation are grounded on established science and sufficiently address any anticipated product risks.
- Gender and disability: How far various innovators went in properly integrating gender and disability perspectives to their projects. This has become a critical part of any futuristic innovation.
- Sustainable Development: Every innovator will also be assessed on how environmentally friendly their products or services are and how well the whole project supports the course of sustainable development.
- Applicants must be innovative thinkers between the ages of 18-40 or businesses in the above mentioned areas.
- Applicants must possess the best innovation based on marketability, originality, scalability, social impact, scientific/technical aspect and clear business potentials.
How to Apply
Applicants must nominate online through the website.
For more information, please visit AIA.