Date Posed: 9 Jan 2013
ACDI/VOCA has invited applications from qualified and deserving applicants for the jobs/vacancies of Consultants- Technical and Operational Managers, East Africa for the anticipated multiyear, USAID-funded East Africa Trade Expansion Hub Project.
ACDI/VOCA is presently seeking candidates for the following positions:
- Export Business Development Advisor: Experience in export value chains, international market access requirements and international trade enabling environment. Demonstrated success in leveraging private sector investment.
- Regional Staple Foods Value Chain Specialist: Experience in regional staples and livestock trade. Significant experience working on production, processing, aggregation and marketing issues. Success in leveraging private sector investment.
- Structured Trade Specialist: Experience in MIS, knowledge of regional grades and standards, and experience working on structured trading schemes such as warehouse receipts.
- Trade and Regional Integration Specialist: Experience addressing regional trade and transport policy and demonstrated experience working with regional economic communities. Strong understanding of trade-enabling environment and constraints to regional staples trade.
- Investment and Ag Finance Specialist: Demonstrated experience facilitating access to finance for SMEs in agriculture and finance sector. Must have experience developing credit products and finance solutions. Background in trade and equity financing in Africa.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Market Information System Specialist: Experience developing regional market-driven MIS platforms, and leveraging private sector buy in and investment,
- Gender Specialist: Experience integrating gender into all project activities.
- Finance and Accounting Specialist: Experience managing finances for large USAID-funded projects.
- Grants Specialist: Demonstrated experience managing large grant portfolios for USAID.
- Communications and Knowledge Management Director: Experience managing communications department for large, complex projects. Success working over a wide variety of communications mediums. Demonstrated experience implementing knowledge-sharing strategies.
- Regional Institutional Capacity Building Expert: Experience developing and implementing institutionalization and sustainability strategies for local organizations. Demonstrated ability to work with and obtain support of private sector stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in international trade, economics, business administration or other relevant area
- Minimum eight years of progressive professional experience in an applicable subject area
- Excellent English language skills; French language skills a plus
No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
For more information please visit this link.