Deadline: 29 April 2016
The Building and Social Housing Foundation is currently inviting individuals/organisation from all over the world to apply for its World Habitat Awards 2016.
The World Habitat Awards is presented at the World Urban Forum and UN-Habitat Governing Council events in April of each year, increasing opportunities for international exposure, networking and dissemination of the award winning approaches. Two awards are given annually to projects that provide practical and innovative solutions to current housing needs and problems. Every year an award of £10,000 is presented to each of the two winners at the World Urban Forum (even years) and UN-Habitat Governing Council (odd years).
Housing projects and approaches are sought for 2016/17 Award that:
- demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing issues faced by countries all around the world
- can be transferred or adapted for use as appropriate
- are already being implemented or are completed ie not at design stage or very early stages of development
- view the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring other benefits as well, such as energy or water saving, income generation, social inclusion, community and individual empowerment, health benefits, capacity building or education.
- International recognition, awards of £10,000 will be made to each of the two winning projects.
- Trophies will also be presented to the winning projects, and travel and accommodation costs will be met for one representative of each winning project to attend the awards ceremony.
For the World Habitat Awards 2016/17 cycle:
- 29th April 2016 – Final deadline for receipt of submissions
- June 2016 – Notification of shortlisted projects
- 1st August 2016 – Deadline for further information from shortlisted projects
- August 2016 to January 2017 – Evaluation of shortlisted projects
- February 2017 – Announcement of the winners of the World Habitat Awards 2016/17
- April 2017 – Presentation of the Awards at the UN-Habitat Governing Council
- Any individual, organization or government who has an innovative and practical solution to housing needs and problems from any country of the world.
- More than one entry can be made by the same individual or organization.
- Entries should relate to housing projects and processes that are either completed or in progress. Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development cannot be considered.
- Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has been further developed in the intervening time period.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the online application form available on the website.
For more information, please visit Apply for World Habitat Awards 2016.