Deadline: 17 January 2016
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is organizing the 7th UNAOC Global Forum and the Youth Event which will take place on April 26-27, 2016 in Baku, Azerbaijan. All selected youth participants will have access to the Youth Event and Global Forum and will be provided with round-trip international ticket (economy class) to Baku, Azerbaijan and 4 days accommodation.
The UNOAC Global Forum is a major event organized regularly by the UNAOC, bringing together government heads of states and Foreign Ministers, prominent personalities and experts as well as current and potential partners from academia, media, the private sector, youth-led organizations and other civil society organizations. The Forum provides a global platform for discussions on intercultural dialogue and social inclusion. Past Forums have been hosted in Spain, Turkey, Brazil, Qatar, Austria and Indonesia.
The objectives of the Youth Event
- Support and provide a framework for selected 125-150 young people from diverse backgrounds to meaningfully participate in the UNAOC Global Forum, engage with the Forum theme and subthemes and bring youth voices to the Forum discussions;
- Engage with UNAOC on the relevance of its activities for young people;
- Grow selected participants’ network and expand their activities through interaction with other youth involved in social action;
- Support youth participants’ access to and knowledge of the global youth movement for peace and its network;
- Promote the SDGs and discuss the role of youth in achieving them by 2030;
- Facilitate the creation of Narratives of Tomorrow as the main outcome of the Youth Event. These narratives articulate participating youth’s vision and solutions for the world to “live together in inclusive societies” and chart the course for the way forward;
- Motivate and empower participants to act as agents for social transformation and intercultural dialogue in their communities.
This is a call to youth from around the world wanting to build inclusive societies through understanding and respect among cultural and religious communities
- Are you between 18 and 35 years old? *
- Are you a member or a representative of a youth-led organization, network or initiative?
- Have you undertaken initiatives at the community or policy level that foster social inclusion, intercultural dialogue, and promote peace?
- Do you want to contribute to a global conversation on intercultural understanding and exchange innovative experiences?
- Do you want to meet other youth leaders from all over the world and develop joint actions?
- Would you like to take part in discussions that will help shape the United Nations’ agenda with regards to relations among different cultures?
For more information, visit UNAOC.