Deadline: 10 April 2016
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) is currently inviting the researchers for its programmes on Health of the Child and Youth, aiming at encouraging and developing research in the areas of health, child, and youth in Africa. For 2016, an international conference will be held on the theme: “Children and Adolescents in Africa in the midst of Psychosocial Disorders.”
With an urgent and compelling need to raise the issue of psychosocial trauma affecting children and adolescents this questioning should go beyond such wars which are exceptional situations that tend to normalize various forms of violent and lethal experiments in which children are involved.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The following are some of the themes the conference will be addressing:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Trauma, armed conflicts and sexual violence against minors ;
- Pathological careers of children who are exposed to drug issues ;
- Dealing with children’s and adolescents’ psychosocial disorders by states and societies: public and private modes of enmity ;
- Care and support for minors suffering from mental disorders ;
- Cultural representations of psychosocial disorders among children and adolescents;
- Mental health of children seeking refuge from war ;
- Children and adolescents in the midst of school violence ;
- Children and adolescents in the midst of family violence (incest, corporal punishment, etc.).
- Researchers from around the world are eligible to participate;
- Works that adopt a multidisciplinary approach will be privileged.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Participants must submit a 300-word abstract and a CV via email.
- All documents should be sent in Word format.
For more information, please visit CODESRIA.