Deadline: 17 December 2015
Are you a frontrunner within technology, construction, ICT, urban planning, architecture, transportation, housing, smart city, energy or social entrepreneurship? Are you passionate about urban development? If yes than apply for this challenge!
Applications are invited from students and startups to large established companies for the Nordic Built Cities Challenge. The Nordic Built Cities Challenge is an open, multidisciplinary competition to develop and visualize Nordic solutions for urban challenges connected to an urban space – in a smart, livable and sustainable way.
Benefits & Categories
- Each Competitor will receive 300.000 NOK In addition, the finalist will be invited to register for the Nordic Built Cities Challenge Awards. The total prize sum is 1.200.000 NOK, and the prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- The principles of the Charter
- Innovative solutions
- Development and export potential
- In the Nordic Built Cities Challenge Awards, finalist teams that consist of participants from more than 1 Nordic country will receive a grant of 40.000 NOK. In addition, teams that have a student, startup or social entrepreneur onboard, will receive a grant of 20.000 NOK.
- Students and startups to large established companies in the Nordic region are eligible to apply.
- The urban space must be in the Nordic region.
- The urban space must be an existing or new urban spaces that are clearly delimited and of a broader public value: The urban space could be individual sites or settings such as squares, a high street, parks and gardens, green corridors, a specific city area, a demolition ground or a block of houses with their neighboring spaces.
- Is the urban challenge prevalent in many urban areas both within and outside the Nordic region?
- Has the urban challenge a potential to result in solutions that, in accordance with the Charter, that contribute to a more liveable, smart and sustainable city?
- Does the challenge have potential to result in solutions that are innovative, tangible and scalable products or services – or a combination of the two.
- Does the challenge have potential to result in solutions that can be demonstrated in the given urban space within the near future?
- Does the challenge have potential to result in solutions that draw on innovators from a broad range of disciplines?
- Does the application have a project owner that is committed to launch and run a local competition with the support from Nordic Innovation?
- Does the application have a project owner that signals a willingness to allocate resources to address the challenge by means of innovative solutions?
Applicants must apply online through the website.
For more information, please visit Nordic Built Cities Challenge.