Deadline: 31 January 2016
Captain Planet Foundation is accepting applications from US and international organisations for grants to serve community through environmental stewardship activities.
The Atlanta-based Captain Planet Foundation was co-founded by Ted Turner and Barbara Pyle in 1991. The Foundation supports high-quality; hands-on environmental stewardship projects that have enabled more than 1.1M youth across the U.S. and around the world make significant environmental improvements to their schools or communities.
The mission of the Captain Planet Foundation is to give the next generation of environmental stewards an active understanding and love for the natural world in which they live. The foundation’s unique program of funding and supporting hands-on environmental projects is designed to encourage innovative initiatives that inspire and empower children and youth around the world as they work individually and collectively creating environmental solutions in their homes, schools and communities.
Captain Planet Foundation was created with a thought that children can inherit a legacy of wastefulness, or an action plan that can save our planet.
Grant Information: An annual operating budget of less than $3 million
- Provide hands-on environmental stewardship opportunities for youth;
- Serve as a catalyst to getting environment-based education in schools;
- Inspire youth and communities to participate in community service through environmental stewardship activities
- U.S.-based schools and organizations are eligible to apply.
- International Organizations are also eligible to apply with preference given to international projects that have U.S.-based partners.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Captain Planet Foundation.