Deadline: 23 November 2015
The National Urban and Community Forestry Advisory Council seeks innovative grant proposals for Cost-Share Grant program to develop, study, and collaborate 10 year action plan. This Request for Proposals is to address the following priority issues:
- Analysis and Solutions for Development and Redevelopment Impacts on Urban and Community Forests
- Building Human Health Through Urban and Community Forestry
- Climate Change and Its Impact on Trees and Water
- Business and Commerce
- Community Development
- Disaster Prevention and Relief
- Employment, Labor and Training
- Natural Resources
For the Fiscal Year 2016 Urban and Community Forestry (U&CF) Program may provide, approximately $900,000 ($300,000 per category) in grant funds to be awarded through the 2016 National Urban and Community Forestry Challenge Cost-Share Grant Program.
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- State governments
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Independent school districts
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Special district governments
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- An entity has a local/State tree-planting projects, capital improvements to property of any ownership, and/or projects that have only a local impact are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicant must apply via Grants.gov and search for the opportunity number USDA-FS-UCF-01-2016.
For more information please download the PDF Request for Proposals.