- June 5, 2015: Deadline for LoI submissions.
- July 9, 2015: DRF will invite selected applicants to submit full proposals.
- August 20, 2015: Deadline for full proposals.
- December 2015: Applicants will be notified about final funding decisions.
- January 1, 2016-December 31, 2016: Project activities will occur.
Eligibility Criteria for Disability Rights Fund 2015
- For Small-grants, applicants must be legally registered non-governmental DPOs (or groups of persons with disabilities (PWDs) acting under the fiscal sponsorship thereof). Applications can be single organizations or partnership among DPOs or partnerships between DPOs and other civil society organizations (when a DPO is the managing partner).
- For Mid-level Coalitions, applications must come from mid-level coalitions of three or more organizations led by a DPO. Applications can be made for projects to influence legislation (lobbying). The lobbying portion of grant activities will be funded by the Disability Rights Advocacy Fund & non-lobbying portion by the Disability Rights Fund.
- For National Coalitions, applications must be made by National Coalitions of three or more organizations where the Coalition is conceived and led by a DPO.
- Project must demonstrate a clear ability and commitment to contribute to the advancement of the human rights of persons with disabilities.
- Cross-disability and other partnerships in-country and projects which address particularly marginalized sectors of the disability community are strongly encouraged.
- Applicants that actively work with or interact with children (under age of 18 years) – including national umbrella organizations, applicants seeking funding for inclusive education projects, and applicants working with parents of children with disabilities – should demonstrate that they currently have or are in the process of developing a Child Protection Policy.
How to Apply?
- Applicants must first submit a letter of interest which should briefly describe the problem to be addressed, proposed activities, costs, and organizational qualifications for implementing the activities.
- Selected applicants will be invited by DRF to submit a full proposal for possible funding.
For more information, please visit Disability Rights Fund.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.