Deadline: 29 January 2016
The Nordic Climate Facility (NCF) invites applications from Nordic Countries Organizations to promote the exchange of technology, expertise and innovative ideas between the Nordic countries and eligible low-income countries facing climate change.
NCF is an initiative by Nordic Development Fund (NDF) that aims to increase low-income countries abilities to mitigate and adapt to climate change, contribute to sustainable development and alleviate poverty.
The theme of NCF6 is Green Growth for Sustainable Livelihoods.
NCF financing can be granted to partnerships between relevant Nordic institutions, organisations, companies or authorities that hold a registered place of operations in either Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden, and qualified local partners located in eligible countries. The eligible countries are: Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Honduras, Kenya, Laos, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Rwanda, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam and Zambia. Involvement of other partners from third countries is allowed.
- Innovativeness, i.e. provide innovative solutions or products or innovative financing mechanisms.
- Provision of tangible results and preferably generation of concrete investments as expected outcomes.
- Building climate resilience among the vulnerable groups.
- Inclusion of climate change mitigation actions and generation of a quantifiable volume of emission reductions (where applicable).
- Combination of mitigation and adaptation impacts with measurable indicators.
- Positive and measurable development impacts, poverty reduction, and a high number of final beneficiaries with due consideration to cross-cutting issues and the involvement of final beneficiaries, using a Base of the Pyramid (BoP) focus where applicable.
- Empowerment of women in climate change adaptation and mitigation activities and business development.
- Application of best practices from the Nordic region.
- Replication and upscaling potential.
- Ability to leverage more public and/or private financing.
- Dissemination of results and potential for interregional cooperation.
- Economic, social and environmental sustainability.
NCF will grant EUR 250,000 to 500,000 and requires a minimum co-financing of 20% of the total estimated project costs.
- NCF financing can be granted to partnerships between relevant Nordic institutions, organisations, companies or authorities that hold a registered place of operations in either Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden, and qualified local partners located in eligible countries (mentioned above).
- All projects should be in line with National Adaptation Programs of Action (NAPAs) and Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action plans (NAMAs), and other relevant strategies and policies in the recipient country, as applicable.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online through the website.
For more information, please visit call for proposals.