Deadline: 11 March 2016
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is inviting applicants from institutions and individuals in developing and emerging countries to sketch challenges, problems and first ideas, which a specific country or region is currently facing or might be in the near future.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization and its research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by their researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. Their research activities are aimed at promoting the economic development of their industrial society, with particular regard for social welfare and environmental compatibility.
- The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft promotes and conducts applied research in an international context to benefit private and public enterprise and is an asset to society as a whole.
- By developing technological innovations and novel systems solutions for their customers, the Fraunhofer Institutes help to reinforce the competitive strength of the economy in their region, throughout Germany and in Europe.
- The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft offers a platform that enables its staff to develop the necessary professional and personal skills that will enable them to assume positions of responsibility within their institute, in industry and in other scientific domains.
- Applicants should present a brief overview of his/her institution, including his/her full name and contact information.
- Give challenge, problem or/and idea a specific title and subtitle.
- Applicant should describe in detail the features of challenge or problem.
- Applicant may also include some illustrations, photos or visualizations.
- Optional: In case applicant has an idea, how this problem raised could be solved, can describe it by writing a few short paragraphs or bullet points.
- Describe potential obstacles of the implementation of a possible solution. What will be the most difficult issues and challenges within the implementation process?
- Applicant should summarize the challenge or problem, motivation, the proposed solution and possible local partner, in case there is one. If there are already any publications on this topic, it should be mentioned.
- Open for institutions and individuals in developing and emerging countries.
- Proposals should be submitted in PDF format and in English
- Any document received after the deadline will not be accepted for this call.
- No modification to the application is allowed once the deadline for submission has elapsed.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Applicant may not submit more than one application under this call for challenges, problems and ideas.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their applications either by email or by post at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft.