The Albertine Rift Biodiversity Conservation (ARCOS) foundation offers Small Grants that aims to enhance collaborative sustainable solutions for biodiversity and people, focusing on critical landscapes and watersheds of the Albertine Rift, the Great Lakes Region of East and Central Africa and the African Mountains. Civil society organizations working in the mentioned areas are invited to submit project proposals with budget not exceeding $5,000 and which contribute to the achievement of the programme’s goals under the following areas of work.
Areas of Interest
- Capacity building and institutional Development
- Nature based community enterprises
- Ecosystem services and sustainable benefits
- Policy analysis and advocacy
- Climate change and community adaptation
- Natural resources management governance
- Awareness, knowledge and information
- Biodiversity threat mitigation.
- Civil society organizations working in above mentioned countries are eligible to apply.
- Government authorities and for-profit (commercial, private market) actors cannot apply but may participate as cooperation partners in the project, or be part of a coalition where a civil society organization is the main applicant.
- The project must involve the areas of interest mentioned above.
- A same organization is not allowed to apply twice during the same year.
- The project duration must cover a maximum of 12 months.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their proposal (s) in English or French of strictly 5 pages maximum including the budget to ARCOS’.
More information about this Foundation is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…