Deadline: 6 April 2016
European Commission is seeking applications from organisations and local authorities to support actions aimed at promoting local economic development in a sustainable environment in Ghana. It is defined within the framework of the EU’s territorial approach to local development (TALD), which seeks to promote greater stakeholder engagement at the local level to reduce poverty and promote growth and development.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
It also ensures a greater participation of women and women groups with the view to enhancing gender equality in local development. It is also aimed at providing job opportunities to the youth as a way of stemming the tide of youth migration to other parts of the world in search of ”greener pastures”.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- To involve Civil Society Organisations, Local Authorities and other relevant stakeholders to promote local economic development in job creation and expansion of economic activities in an environmentally sustainable manner at the local level.
- To enhance the capacity of Local Authorities to collaborate with relevant stakeholders including civil society and private sector to mobilise local revenues for local development while promoting transparency and accountability to citizens
Any grant requested under this call for proposal must fall between EUR 300,000 to EUR 700,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Actions must take place in Ghana.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 36 months nor exceed 48 months.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of Civil Society and
- be established in Ghana or a Member State of the European Union and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter. Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- The lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies) that include:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
How to Apply
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- concept notes
- full application
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.