Deadline: 6 April 2016
European Commission is seeking applications from organisations and local authorities to support actions aimed at promoting local economic development in a sustainable environment in Ghana. It is defined within the framework of the EU’s territorial approach to local development (TALD), which seeks to promote greater stakeholder engagement at the local level to reduce poverty and promote growth and development.
It also ensures a greater participation of women and women groups with the view to enhancing gender equality in local development. It is also aimed at providing job opportunities to the youth as a way of stemming the tide of youth migration to other parts of the world in search of ”greener pastures”.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To involve Civil Society Organisations, Local Authorities and other relevant stakeholders to promote local economic development in job creation and expansion of economic activities in an environmentally sustainable manner at the local level.
- To enhance the capacity of Local Authorities to collaborate with relevant stakeholders including civil society and private sector to mobilise local revenues for local development while promoting transparency and accountability to citizens
Any grant requested under this call for proposal must fall between EUR 300,000 to EUR 700,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Actions must take place in Ghana.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 36 months nor exceed 48 months.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of Civil Society and
- be established in Ghana or a Member State of the European Union and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter. Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- The lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies) that include:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- concept notes
- full application
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.