Deadline: 1 December 2015
UNESCO/Israel (MASHAV) is currently inviting applications for its Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2016 to promote human resource capacities in the developing countries through intensive training and to enhance international understanding and friendship among peoples of the world and the people of Israel. The Government of Israel is placing at the disposal of UNESCO a number of fellowships for the benefit of certain Member States (especially the least developed countries) within the framework of the UNESCO Fellowship Programme.
Beneficiaries of these fellowships will be given the opportunity of participating in a variety of training courses in Israel, conducted under the sponsorship of the MASHAV, Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation.
Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, United Rep. of Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
UNESCO will cover
- International travel expenses (at the most economical airfare) within the framework of the 2014-2015 Fellowships Programme.
- One-time special allowance amounting to US$100.
MASHAV (Israel) will cover
- Registration and tuition frees.
- Accommodation (Room and Board).
- Health insurance and basic medical care (This does not include dental care, glasses, and chronic illnesses).
- High-level educational staff, at the regional or national level, dealing with the target population, school principals, counselors, supervisors, lecturers at teacher training institutions, and researchers in relevant fields.
- Be proficient in reading and writing in the language of instruction; (if the language of instruction is not the mother tongue, a certificate of language proficiency must be provided).
- Be not more than 50 years of age.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online through the website.
For more information, please visit Fellowships Programme.