Deadline: 19 February 2016
Are you from Ghana? Are you an aspiring young entrepreneur, aged between 18 to 35 years? Do you want to turn your great ideas into thriving business enterprises? Are you looking of financial support and/or expert advice to bring your idea to life? If yes, then apply for YES.
The Youth Enterprise Support (YES) is seeking applications from young Ghanaian entrepreneurs to provide an opportunity to showcase their talents and entrepreneurial skills, and challenge the youth to start new businesses and employ other youth.
YES is dedicated to growing Ghana’s economy by tapping into the creativity and innovativeness of young entrepreneurs through the provision of financial and expert advisory support for their businesses.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
It is a multi-sectoral initiative operating under the Office of the President and drawing collaborative support from key agencies including the National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI), National Youth Authority (NYA), Ministry of Youth & Sports, Ministry of Trade & Industry, and Ministry of Finance.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Resident Business Support: Learn how to start and grow business and overcome related challenges through YES Resident Entrepreneurs and Network of Business Partners.
- Training Resources: Use YES services, templates, training programs, business clinics and short courses to help applicant develop their business plan.
- Entrepreneurship Monitoring: Benefit from the extensive experience of business professionals who will work with applicant to ensure the necessary support during the critical start-up phase.
To be eligible for consideration of your business plan, the following criteria must be satisfied:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Applicant must be a Ghanaian citizen (show proof) and between the ages of 18 and 35 years old;
- Applicant must have completed at least Junior High School (JHS);
- The proposed business must be situated within the national borders of Ghana and must employ Ghanaians;
- The proposed business must not involve gambling or the production or distribution of any alcoholic beverage, tobacco or weapon. It must not involve any activity that is illegal under the laws of Ghana;
- Applicant must be prepared and available to explain and defend your business plan/idea in person and provide consent for the possible filming of the process;
- YES reserves the right to carry out further background checks on you and holds the right to disqualify you should the need arise.
- Applicant must be ready to operate the business on a full time basis
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application forms via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Youth Enterprise Support.