The Norwegian Human Rights Fund (NHRF) is a civil society foundation working to protect and promote human rights internationally through direct support to organisations working in the first line of defence for human rights (frontline organisations).
- Civil, economic and social rights
- Women and children’s rights
- Labor rights
- Safe working conditions for human rights defenders
- India (Andra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu)
- Pakistan (KPK, Punjab and Sindh)
In addition, the NHRF will consider applications for projects focused on the protection of human rights defenders regardless of geographic origin
Methods of work
- Advocacy targeting decision makers
- Work to secure access to justice
Grant making Guidelines
- Grants are given to one project at time, but the NHRF encourages the applicants to develop two or three years project plans. If the progress of the work is satisfactory, the NHRF will do its best to allow the grantee to carry out a multiyear project without interruptions.
- Maximum grant is US$ 35 000,-, but the NHRF will normally start with a lower grant for a first time support. First time applicants are advised to solicit support with a budget in the range US$ 5 000,- to 25 000.
- Support is given to local initiatives and actors who are familiar with local structures and work where Human Rights violations occur.
- Priority is given to activism and projects where poor and marginalized groups mobilize and organize for their own rights.
- Organisations with few other donors will be given priority.
- Organisations with an annual budget above US$ 150 000 falls outside our mandate of support.
- The eligible organisations can fill the NHRF application form available on the website.
- Applications may be submitted throughout the year and are processed continuously.
- The NHRF aims at having a quick and flexible decision-making process on applications.
For more details about this Foundation, including contact information, you can download the PDF version if you are a fundsforNGOs Premium Member. Not a Premium Member? Click here to learn the amazing benefits of fundsforNGOs Premium Membership.