Deadline: 1 December 2015
The French Institute of South Africa is inviting applicants for its certain research projects in the Human and Social Sciences on Southern Africa. IFAS-Research is a French Research Institute Overseas (IFRE) under the supervision of the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and the CNRS, covering Southern Africa.
IFAS has a regional mandate covering ten countries in Southern Africa (South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana and Namibia). All projects touching on these countries are therefore welcomed by the institute.
IFAS will not exceed EUR – 2 000.00.
Areas of Interest
- Archaeology, History and Memory
- Archaeology and multidisciplinary studies of Middle and Late Stone Ages, rock art.
- Medieval, early modern and modern history of Southern Africa, integration of Southern Africa in Atlantic and Indian oceans circulations, history of knowledge, sciences and techniques.
- Current issues of memory in Southern Africa, historical régimes.
- Democratic Transformations and Urban Dynamics
- Democratic mutations in Southern Africa, electoral dynamics, citizenship and its transformation, identity policies, education, language policy, nation-building processes.
- Geography and urban studies, historical development of Southern African cities, governance, access to public services, adoption of “best practice” models, migration, xenophobia, spatial justice, right to the city, city memory.
- Comparative Development Economics, economic policy, sector-focused studies, Formal/informal labour.
- Sustainable development, environmental justice.
How to Apply
Applicants needs to send application form by email, at the address given on the website
For more details, please visit Funding Applications.