Deadline: 1 December 2015
Are you a young African peace activist who desires to overcome the aforementioned challenges? Do you want to unlock the door to your inner peace and self-development to help you in your studies, work and life? Peace Revolution offers you the opportunity to cultivate a strong peace culture based on the principle of Peace In, Peace Out.
- Empower young people with the tools to inner peace, positive thinking and habits through the practice of mindfulness, self-discipline and meditation.
- Connect young people in these regions and enhance their sense of solidarity, compassion and togetherness.
- Provide a forum of networking and exchange for future collaboration and partnerships while fostering mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue.
Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Djibouti, Comoros, Eretria, Ethiopia, Somalia, Malawi, Mozambique, Sudan, South Sudan, Botswana, Seychelles, Lesotho, Madagascar, Angola, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Mauritius.
- Be African nationals residing in Eastern and Southern Africa(mentioned above).
- Be 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support. Applicants above 32 years of age will have to pay their airfare to attend.
- Have completed at least 21 days of the 42-day online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Those who can speak French will have an added advantage.
- Be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- Be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Send a recommendation letter from their organizations/institutions.
- Pay a commitment fee of 100USD before the arrival to the retreat site (by Bank transfer or Western Union).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online through the website.
For more information, please visit Fellowship in Lilongwe, Malawi.