Deadline: 26 February 2016
The ASEAN Peace Project currently invites applications from the applicants from Philippines and Thailand to participate in its five-day accelerator program including lectures, workshops, fieldwork and mentorship sessions.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ASEAN Peace Project is a community development initiative focused on contributing to the peace and environmental protection efforts of the conflict-affected southern regions of the Philippines and Thailand through youth-led social enterprise initiatives.
The project will identify 30 aspiring Filipino and Thai social entrepreneurs who will gain skills and experiences through an accelerator program aimed at conceptualizing products and services through a series of capacity-building workshops, lectures, and training sessions.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Promote social entrepreneurship as a strategy for community-driven solutions in conflict-affected areas in the Philippines and Thailand;
- Provide participants with applicable best local and international practices in achieving peace and environmental sustainability;
- Create a network of young social entrepreneurs from the Philippines and Thailand who will develop innovative solutions through business with social and environmental impacts;
- Foster inclusive community development by facilitating collaborative business model among the youth, business leaders, government agencies, and non-profit organizations and;
- Enhance and integrate environmental peace-building with entrepreneurship.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Thirty (30) Filipino and Thai participants from conflict-affected communities will be selected for the accelerator program.
- Participants will be selected based on their leadership qualities and track record, including volunteer activities, educational background, and community service experiences, among others. We are looking for individuals who will be able to demonstrate their potential to make a difference for and address the challenges confronting their communities.
- All ASEAN Peace Project applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of the program;
- Be able to demonstrate their commitment to peace-building, environmental protection, and/or social entrepreneurship;
- Be currently a full-time undergraduate or graduate student; recent graduate of college, university, or other institutions of higher learning; or young professional who has recently joined the workforce;
- Be a resident of the following areas: Mindanao, Philippines and Southern Thailand, although exceptional applicants from other cities or provinces may be considered if they meet all other eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the attached ASEAN Peace Project 2016 application form filled completely, along with their scanned copy of photo ID (e.g. Passport, Government-issued ID, School ID) via email or a post.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ASEAN Peace Project 2016.