Deadline: 31 December 2016
The AmplifyChange is currently inviting civil society organizations for its innovative grants of up to EUR 10,000. An Innovation grant is a small grant intended to help smaller community-based groups pursue new approaches and ideas for advocacy at local level, or encourage new CSOs to embark on sexual and reproductive health and rights advocacy.
AmplifyChange funds aims to empower young people, men and women to realise their sexual and reproductive rights. It supports civil society and grassroots organisations that advocate for and promote better sexual and reproductive health and rights. Support is provided to CSOs and CBOs working in countries where the needs are greatest, in particular Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
Grants & Duration
- Applicants can apply for the Innovation Grant of up to EUR 10,000.
- There is no minimum duration for an Innovation Grant. The maximum duration is up to 1 year.
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic Of, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the (formerly Zaire), Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kenya, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia (Federated States of Micronesia), Morocco, Mozambique (Moçambique), Myanmar (formerly Burma), Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa (zuid Afrika), South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, Timor-Leste (formerly East Timor), Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Yemen (Arab Republic), Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation.
- Access to comprehensive reproductive health services for socially and economically marginalised and vulnerable people.
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion including criminalisation of abortion and lack of availability of and access to comprehensive abortion care services.
- Sexual health of young people and girls, including through comprehensive sexuality education and ending child, early and forced marriage.
- Challenging stigma, discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender identity or sexual orientation, particularly LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex) individuals.
- Applicant’s project must be implemented in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries.
- The project must respond to one or more of the Amplify Change thematic areas mentioned above.
- The foundation encourages organisations and groups that implement new approaches and ideas for advocacy and activism. This can include potential funding for more established organisations or coalitions, as well as for smaller, newer, grassroots groups engaging in work on one or more priority themes.
- Smaller community level groups advocating for change, including groups who are unregistered or new CSO groups are also eligible to apply.
Innovation Grant is given to the one who:
- Think creatively: This could include supporting agricultural organisations who are increasing access to clean sanitation leading to healthier menstrual health for women.
- Be Bold: projects which increase funding for neglected issues. For example providing funding for LGBTI rights in countries where the issue is not recognised or is underfunded.
- Take that risk: projects which are opportunistic and time sensitive.
- Experiment with your idea: projects which experiment and test new ideas and approaches.
- Learn from the experience: projects to contribute to change.
How to Apply?
- There is no concept note stage for the Innovation Grant – applicants are required to submit an application form only.
- Applicants can apply online through the website.
- Applications containing photographs or video clips are encouraged. The video clips should be maximum 5 minutes long and can be uploaded via the online system. Groups applying with video still need to complete an accompanying budget form.
For more information about innovation grants, please visit AmplifyChange Innovation.