Deadline: 15 April 2016
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is currently inviting applicants from ACU member universities for its Early Career Academic Grants 2016.
Applications will be strengthened by the applicant providing evidence of the submission/acceptance of a paper or poster, or other communication with the conference organisers.
- Australasia: Australia, New Zealand
- Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago
- East Africa: Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Rwanda, Seychelles, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- East Asia: Brunei Darussalam, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore
- Europe: Cyprus, Malta, United Kingdom
- North America: Canada
- South Asia: Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- South Pacific: Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
- Southern Africa: Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland
- West Africa: Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone
Grants can be used to cover travel and visa costs, conference fees, accommodation, and subsistence.
- Applicants must be employed in an academic role by an ACU member institution (mentioned above).
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role.
- Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the application form via given website.
Note: The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 July 2016 and 31 December 2016.
For more information, please visit Academic Grants.