Deadline: 16 April 2014
European Union is inviting concept notes from non-state actors (NSAs) established in Sri Lanka or a member country of European Union to apply for the grant program to Non-State Actors and Local Authorities in Development in Sri Lanka 2013. The major aim of the grant program is to strengthen Non State Actors and Local Authorities in Sri Lanka which would then provide a foundation for a more equitable, open and democratic society through support to their ‘own initiatives’, as well as strengthen their capacity to deliver services to the citizen.
Geographical Priorities –
- Lot 1 – Northern and Eastern Provinces i.e. Jaffna, Mannar, Vavuniya, Mallaithivu, Killinochchi, Batticaloa, Ampara, Trincomalee and border districts.
- Lot 2 – Central and Uva Provinces i.e. Kandy, Matale, Nuwara Eliya, Badhulla and Moneragala districts.
Grant size for applications (for any of the Lot 1 or 2 projects) is EUR300,000 to EUR400,000 which can be 50% of the total eligible costs of the action. The action must be completed between 24 to 48 months.
Cross-Cutting Themes –
- Promoting gender equality and equal rights for women and men in line with the EU’s strategy ‘Gender Equality and Women Empowerment in Development Cooperation’
- Promoting the rights of persons with mental and physical disabilities, older people, children, single parent households, war widows and other marginalized groups
- Encouraging conflict sensitive approaches that also address bottlenecks to reconciliation in the present Sri Lankan context
- Increasing respect for the rule of law
- Increasing awareness and fight against HIV/Aids
- Addressing key environmental concerns
- Ensuring coordinated approach with other actors in order to avoid duplication of activities and to enhance impact
- Integrating a sound needs assessment and stakeholders’ analysis
- Unequivocally demonstrating a strong element of capacity building of local actors
Eligibility Criteria –
- Applicants must be legal persons in non-profit making organizations.
- Applicants must be Non State Actors (NSA) constituted in accordance with the article 24.2 of the Regulation (EC) No 1905/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
- Applicants must be established in Sri Lanka, or in a Member State of the European Union.
- Applicants must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- One organization can submit only one application (either in Lot 1 or Lot 2).
- Co-applicant must be established in Sri-Lanka or the member country of European Union.
For more information, please visit Webgate NSA & LAs in Development page.
Discover great international donors for your cause with FundsforNGOs Premium. It includes a constantly updated donor database, an NGO library stacked full of guides and sample proposals from leading organisations. Learn how FundsforNGOs Premium can support you to create a better world today.