Deadline: 15 January 2016
Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies is inviting applicants for its TGCL Scholarship starting on 1 October 2016. Scholarships are awarded for pursuing postgraduate study programme (LLM or PhD). The LLM scholarship is for a period of one year, and the PhD scholarship a period of three years.
The TGCL has been established at the University of Dar es Salaam School of Law in cooperation with the University of Bayreuth, Germany. Its programmes are funded by the German Foreign Office through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
On successful completion of the programme, the students will obtain a law degree from the University of Dar es Salaam and an additional TGCL Certificate.
- A scholarship will cover the University fee and a health insurance.
- An annual amount of 2,400 EUR for Tanzanians and of 3,000 EUR for Non-Tanzanians will be paid to cover the cost of living.
- An additional lump sum of 30 EUR per month will be paid if the candidate is not residing on campus.
- A once-off lump sum of 460 EUR for LLM and 920 EUR for PhD will be paid for the cost of research.
- Scholarship is open for the candidates in the East African Community Partner States.
- The requirements for admission to the LLM and PhD programmes are:
- For the LLM programme, a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent from a recognised institution of higher legal education;
- For the PhD programme, an excellent LLM degree from a recognised institution.
- The language of instruction at the TGCL is English. Those who are not conversant with it should not apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit TGCL Scholorship.