Deadline: 26 December 2015
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is supporting the National Blood Transfusion Service (NBTS) program for the implementation and expansion of Blood Safety activities in the Republic of Zambia under the President’s Emergency plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The purpose of this program is to support the Zambia NBTS in the provision of safe and adequate supply of blood and blood products to health facilities in Zambia and this support will cover a one year period as the institution transitions to full host government support.
The program intends to ensure the provision of safe blood and safe blood products throughout Zambia; through supporting the ZNBTS (Zambia National Blood Transfusion Service) in collecting, screening and distributing these blood products to health facilities; in order to reduce child mortality, improve maternal health and combating HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases.
- Provide adequate safe blood and blood products to all transfusion outlets
- Ensure safety in the management of blood transfusion services.
- Promote and ensure appropriate use of blood and blood components
- an individual must be a citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident of and have his/her principal place of business in the country served by the PEPFAR program
- an entity:
- must be incorporated or legally organized under the laws of, and have its principal place of business in, the country served by the PEPFAR program
- must be at 75% for FY2015 beneficially owned by individuals who are citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of that same country
- at least 75% for FY2015 of the entity’s staff (senior, mid-level, support) must be citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of that same country,
- where an entity has a Board of Directors, at least 51% of the members of the Board must also be citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of such country;
- a joint venture, unincorporated association, consortium, or other arrangement in which at least 75% for FY2015 of the funding under the PEPFAR award is or will be provided to members who are local partners under the criteria
For more information, please visit grants.gov and download the full announcement of the opportunity.