Deadline: 1 December 2018
The Southern African Network for Biosciences (SANBio) is currently inviting applications for its SANBio/BioFISA II Mobility Grants Programme which aimed to address Southern Africa’s challenges in health and nutrition. It is one of the five Networks under the Consolidated Plan of Action for Science and Technology (African Biosciences Initiative).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The BioFISA Programme is aimed at strengthening the NEPAD SANBio Network and in this second phase it focuses on boosting regional collaboration and networking.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The SANBio/BioFISA II Mobility Grant is one of the instruments used to promote linkages, knowledge-sharing and collaboration amongst institutions and practitioners in the SANBio Network regionally and internationally and will support the following activities:
- Regional and international conferences related to the research areas of health and nutrition.
- Knowledge exchange in specific thematic areas supported by SANBio/BioFISA II.
- Specific technical training related to current work undertaken by the institution with follow up plans to utilize skills acquired.
- Mentor and mentee visits (both academic and business development of bioscience start-ups) provided a mentorship plan is in place.
- Peer-to-peer exchange meetings between different institutions in the SANBio Network.
- Proposal development (only applicable for shortlisted candidates during the preparation of full proposals the SANBio/BioFISA II Call for Proposals).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Individual support grants of up to ZAR 22,000 for regional applications or ZAR 30,000 for an international application will be provided, depending on the particular nature of the exchange or visit.
- BioFISA II Mobility grant will target to support 50% applications from female applicants.
- The call for applications is open to all participants from all SANBio Network Member States (mention above).
- All applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the activity and contribution towards strengthening the SANBio network.
- Relevance in terms of thematic areas in health and nutrition supported by SANBio/BioFiSA II Programme.
- Preferred participation of women and under-represented groups (target of 50%).
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicants must download the application form through the website and submit by electronically.
For more information, please visit Mobility grant.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.