Deadline: 1 December 2018
The Southern African Network for Biosciences (SANBio) is currently inviting applications for its SANBio/BioFISA II Mobility Grants Programme which aimed to address Southern Africa’s challenges in health and nutrition. It is one of the five Networks under the Consolidated Plan of Action for Science and Technology (African Biosciences Initiative).
The BioFISA Programme is aimed at strengthening the NEPAD SANBio Network and in this second phase it focuses on boosting regional collaboration and networking.
The SANBio/BioFISA II Mobility Grant is one of the instruments used to promote linkages, knowledge-sharing and collaboration amongst institutions and practitioners in the SANBio Network regionally and internationally and will support the following activities:
- Regional and international conferences related to the research areas of health and nutrition.
- Knowledge exchange in specific thematic areas supported by SANBio/BioFISA II.
- Specific technical training related to current work undertaken by the institution with follow up plans to utilize skills acquired.
- Mentor and mentee visits (both academic and business development of bioscience start-ups) provided a mentorship plan is in place.
- Peer-to-peer exchange meetings between different institutions in the SANBio Network.
- Proposal development (only applicable for shortlisted candidates during the preparation of full proposals the SANBio/BioFISA II Call for Proposals).
- Individual support grants of up to ZAR 22,000 for regional applications or ZAR 30,000 for an international application will be provided, depending on the particular nature of the exchange or visit.
- BioFISA II Mobility grant will target to support 50% applications from female applicants.
- The call for applications is open to all participants from all SANBio Network Member States (mention above).
- All applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the activity and contribution towards strengthening the SANBio network.
- Relevance in terms of thematic areas in health and nutrition supported by SANBio/BioFiSA II Programme.
- Preferred participation of women and under-represented groups (target of 50%).
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form through the website and submit by electronically.
For more information, please visit Mobility grant.