The JTI Foundation (Stiftung JT International) is a charitable organization registered under Swiss law and financially endowed by JT International SA. Since its inception in 2001, the JTI Foundation has cooperated closely with institutions involved in disaster relief, and helped to fund emergency operations across the globe. The JTI Foundation is a member of the Association of Swiss Grantmaking Foundations (Swiss Foundations).
The Foundation helps people who have been struck by disasters, and invests in disaster preparedness and mitigation. They achieve this by working with partners who are experts in assessing the needs of disaster victims, and responding to them. By supporting further research into the causes of disasters they help protect vulnerable communities from potential risk. The Foundation
- seek partnerships with organizations that place beneficiaries at the center of their work.
- work with organizations that apply the highest standards of project management.
- build long-term partnerships.
- encourage partner organizations to work together to achieve greater effectiveness.
- support Disaster Relief initiatives, but the main focus is on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- consider Disaster Risk Reduction a critical element of every sustainable development program.
The JTI Foundation cooperates closely with institutions involved in disaster relief, and helps to fund emergency operations across the globe. The JTI Foundation also supports organizations dedicated to reducing the risk of disaster; these activities include preparedness, prevention, and prediction.
- Applicants can be institutions and organisations working in the field of risk reduction and disaster management.
- The foundation do not support
- Programs that are not aligned with our mission
- Commercial entities, unless the proposed program demonstrably relates to social enterprise
- Unregistered organizations
- Political parties, candidates or partisan political organizations
- Programs for religious purposes or religious activities
- Organizations or programs that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, orientation, disability, nationality or religion
How to Apply
If you believe your project is consistent with the JTI Foundation’s mission, please fill in the Concept Note and submit it via email. Applicants who pass the first round of selection will be contacted, and requested to complete a Project Proposal. Please submit all project application forms in English.
For more information, please visit JTI Foundation Call for Proposals.