Deadline: 14 August 2014
Youth innovators from 26 borrowing countries of Inter-American Development Bank are invited to participate in Greenovators Contest. This is a chance for each youth participant a Seed Fund of US$15,000.
Greenovators, an initiative of the Inter-Development Bank (IDB), Earth University and the Republic of Costa Rica Ministry of Environment and Energy, aims to reward and promote projects of mitigation and adaptation to change climate led by young people aged 18 to 30 years.
Total 30 projects that represent innovative solutions to the challenges facing Latin America and the Caribbean will be selected for the Seed Fund and an opportunity to participate in the Greenovators Event.
- US$15,000 to 5 young leaders
- US$10,000 each to 10 young leaders
- US$5,000 each to 15 young leaders
The 30 Young Winners will participate in the Greenovators event in Costa Rica.
Areas of Interest
- Education and Awareness
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Transport
- Sustainable Business
- Resilient Agriculture
- Water resources
- Applicants must be the national of one of the following countries – Argentina, the Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Belize, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Applicants must be 18-30 years of age at the time of project registration.
- Application must be submitted in one of the above mentioned areas of interest.
- Proposed project must provide specific indicators to monitor the impact of the project.
- Proposals may be submitted in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
Complete application includes – completed online form, 3 minutes video and maximum 5 photos of the project, two letters of recommendation, annual budget to display the type of expenditure and investment required for the project, and curriculum vitae.
For more information, please visit Greenovators Contest.