Deadline: 27 May 2015
The European Commission delegation to Cyprus is currently accepting proposals from eligible organizations for its thematic programme- Cypriot Civil Society in Action V. The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
- To support the development of a more vibrant civil society in the Turkish Cypriot community and their actions for the public interest.
- To support Civil Society Organisation capacity building and advocacy projects to reinforce sector based networking and coordination and citizen’s involvement in policy design and monitoring.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is EUR 1,635,000.
- Natural resources and waste
- Actions aiming at the protection of natural resources such as landscapes, forests, water resources, coastal environments, fisheries, etc;
- Actions aiming at the promotion of strategies and practice for reducing, re-using or recycling of waste in all its forms (domestic, industrial, agricultural, etc.).
- Nature and biodiversity
- Protection of habitats and ecosystems with presence of endemic species in the northern part of Cyprus (both flora and fauna);
- Projects consistent with and/or complementary to measures taken to bring the northern part of Cyprus in line with Natura 2000 standards.
- Environment and health
- Protection of consumer rights regarding quality of food in all its forms (food chain: agricultural production, processing, distribution, trading, manipulation, selling, etc.);
- Prevention of pollution in rivers, lakes, underground water reservoirs, beaches and coastal and marine environments.
- Climate change
Size of grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall in between € 75000 and € 300,000.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 36 months.
Actions, must take place in the northern part of Cyprus. Some of the activities may take place in a Member State of the European Union, if proven relevant by the description of the action.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- be legal persons and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a Civil Society Organization (CSO). Non Governmental Organizations, associations, foundations, chambers, unions, non-profit cooperatives and non-profit companies meeting these criteria can apply to this Call for Proposals. However, non-profit companies and/or cooperatives should demonstrate that their operations are strictly non profit making. They must provide, together with their application, the Company Statute in which a provision prohibits distribution of the profit to the shareholders.
- be registered in the northern part of Cyprus and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
- have not been awarded a grant under the Cypriot Civil Society in Action IV or under the Community Development 3 programmes, either as the lead applicant or as a co-applicant.
- The applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter who must satisfy the eligibility as the applicant itself.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the co-applicants must:
- be legal persons and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a Civil Society Organization (CSO) and
- be registered in the northern part of Cyprus or in anywhere else in the European Union.
- The applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies) having a structural link with the applicants. Eligible entities may thus include-
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by the beneficiary (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by the beneficiary (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control.
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the beneficiary (parent companies).
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the beneficiary (sister companies).
- Entities legally defined as a e.g. network, federation, association in which the proposed affiliated entities also participate or the beneficiary participates in the same entity (e.g. network, federation, association) as the proposed affiliated entities.
How to Apply?
- Applicants must submit all documents together (Concept Note and Full Application Form). In the first instance, only the Concept Notes will be evaluated. Thereafter, for the applicants who have been pre-selected, the full proposal will be evaluated.
- Applications must be submitted in one original and three copies in A4 size, each bound. The complete application form (Part A: concept note and Part B: full application form), budget and logical framework must also be supplied in electronic format (CD-ROM) in a separate and single file. The electronic file must contain exactly the same application as the paper version enclosed.
- The Checklist and the Declaration by the applicant must be stapled separately and enclosed in the envelope which must bear the reference number and the title of the Call for Proposals, together with the full name and address of the applicant, and the words ‘Not to be opened before the opening session’
- Applications must be send via email or hand delivery.
- Prior registration in PADOR is obligatory for all applicants, co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies).
Note: Applications sent by any other means (e.g. by fax or by e-mail) or delivered to other addresses will be rejected.
For more information, please visit European Commission and download the guidelines.