Asia Pacific Forum for Women Law and Development (APWLD) invites women lawyers, academics and grassroots activists to register to attend the first ever Asia Pacific Feminist Forum (APFF) to be held on 12-14 December 2011 in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The APFF will bring together women activists, lawyers, academics, advocates and youth leaders to celebrate the collective achievements, reflect on the challenges and shifting political environments, deepen feminist knowledge and analysis, strengthen our sisterhood, solidarity and collaboration and reaffirm the resolve to advance women’s rights.
- To build knowledge and practical skills of women in the Asia Pacific region that advance women’s rights;
- To strengthen and encourage more collaboration between women’s organisations in the Asia Pacific region;
- To map out what different organizations in the Asia Pacific region are doing, to see where overlaps happen and where collaboration can start;
- To energize the women’s movement in the Asia Pacific region (with a particular focus on bringing in young women, women with disabilities and women who are new to the movement);
- To deepen feminist knowledge and analysis.
Profile of Participants:
- 100-150 women from the Asia-Pacific Region
- Participants to be a mix of lawyers, activists and academics
- 5 sub regions will be included (Central Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia and the Pacific)
- 30% of the participants will be young women under 35 and members who have never attended an APWLD training or conference
- Women with Disabilities (WWD)
- Self-funded participants are also welcome- slots have been allotted for those who would like to self-fund.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Balance in regional representation from the countries in Asia and the Pacific Islands
- 30% quota of women under 35
- A mixture of lawyers, activists and academics who are part of the women’s movement
- 30% women from marginalized groups including rural, indigenous, migrant women, women living with disabilities, sexual minorities
Funding Support and Priorities
Funding support is available to a limited number of participants who meet the target groups. Grassroots women and WWD will be prioritized for funding support.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Last date for submission of applications is November 4, 2011
For more information, visit this link.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.