Asia Pacific Forum for Women Law and Development (APWLD) invites women lawyers, academics and grassroots activists to register to attend the first ever Asia Pacific Feminist Forum (APFF) to be held on 12-14 December 2011 in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The APFF will bring together women activists, lawyers, academics, advocates and youth leaders to celebrate the collective achievements, reflect on the challenges and shifting political environments, deepen feminist knowledge and analysis, strengthen our sisterhood, solidarity and collaboration and reaffirm the resolve to advance women’s rights.
- To build knowledge and practical skills of women in the Asia Pacific region that advance women’s rights;
- To strengthen and encourage more collaboration between women’s organisations in the Asia Pacific region;
- To map out what different organizations in the Asia Pacific region are doing, to see where overlaps happen and where collaboration can start;
- To energize the women’s movement in the Asia Pacific region (with a particular focus on bringing in young women, women with disabilities and women who are new to the movement);
- To deepen feminist knowledge and analysis.
Profile of Participants:
- 100-150 women from the Asia-Pacific Region
- Participants to be a mix of lawyers, activists and academics
- 5 sub regions will be included (Central Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia and the Pacific)
- 30% of the participants will be young women under 35 and members who have never attended an APWLD training or conference
- Women with Disabilities (WWD)
- Self-funded participants are also welcome- slots have been allotted for those who would like to self-fund.
- Balance in regional representation from the countries in Asia and the Pacific Islands
- 30% quota of women under 35
- A mixture of lawyers, activists and academics who are part of the women’s movement
- 30% women from marginalized groups including rural, indigenous, migrant women, women living with disabilities, sexual minorities
Funding Support and Priorities
Funding support is available to a limited number of participants who meet the target groups. Grassroots women and WWD will be prioritized for funding support.
Last date for submission of applications is November 4, 2011
For more information, visit this link.