Deadline: 15 January 2016
Global TIES for Children is seeking applications from around the world for its Additional Insights International Research Fellowship Program for those who are interested not only in whether interventions improve the lives and well-being of low-income women and children, but for whom, why, and where they do so.
The Additional Insights International Research Fellowship is a rigorous, multi-disciplinary program for emerging scholars (advanced doctoral students through early career research scientists) in the applied social sciences.
The fellowship targets programs that seek to improve women’s economic empowerment and/or children’s development (education, early childhood, socio-emotional, mental health) in low- and middle- income countries.
There are two levels of support.
- At the start of the fellowship, fellows from low- and middle-income countries will receive $8,000 and fellows from high income countries will receive $3,000 in support of the work itself.
- Upon completion of their research, all fellows will receive a $2,000 honorarium.
- Additionally, all eligible travel, lodging, and meal expenses for attendance at the 2016 Summer Institute in New York will be covered.
- Applicants should be current doctoral students, post-docs, or early career researchers and have a clear and demonstrable interest in conducting research on interventions to strengthen women’s empowerment and/or children’s development in LAMICs.
- Applicants must commit to attending the week long Summer Institute in New York City in July 2016 and conducting additional research after their return home toward a paper suitable for publication on their proposed research question(s).
How to Apply
All application components must be send at the mail address, given on the website.
For more information, please visit International Research Fellowship.