Deadline: 4 March 2016
The Heinrich Boll Stiftung Foundation is seeking applications from journalists for Transatlantic Digital Societies Media Fellowships to contribute to a nuanced transatlantic dialogue on the challenges and opportunities of the digital age for democratic societies and for the transatlantic partnership.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is a non-profit political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party. It acts as a catalyst for green visions and projects, a think tank for policy reform, and an international network. HBS seeks to advance democracy and human rights, protect the environment and climate, and promote the peaceful resolution of conflicts. It also place particular emphasis on gender democracy, meaning social emancipation and equal rights for women and LGBTI communities.
- establishing democracy and human rights
- fighting against environmental degradation
- safeguarding everyone’s rights of social participation
- supporting non-violent conflict resolution
- defending the rights of individuals
- Travel and accommodation costs within reason for five days of research in the EU or the U.S., subject to final approval of individual travel plans. Fellows may choose their dates of travel anytime between April 1 – May 20, 2016.
- an honorarium of $1,000
Areas of Interest
- A minimum of three stories: Each fellow is expected to publish at least three stories, in any medium, within two months of completing travel. Fellows must be able either to guarantee the publication of their pieces or to demonstrate a strong track record of publications. Fellows (and/or their employers) will retain full editorial control over the reporting. The Heinrich Böll Foundation will feature the final pieces on the HBS North America website following their publication.
- Active social media engagement: While traveling and developing their stories, fellows are expected to actively engage with HBS North America over Facebook and Twitter and/or Instagram.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The program is seeking journalists working in any medium who offer new perspectives on transatlantic policy debates and who may not otherwise have the opportunity to conduct transatlantic research.
Eligible journalists should:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- be from the United States, based in the U.S., and seek to contribute to transatlantic policy debates by reporting about European practices and experiences in their area of research.
- be from an EU country, based in the EU, and seek to contribute to transatlantic policy debates by reporting about U.S. practices and experiences in their area of research.
Note: Fellows need to be citizens of either the US or the EU, however fellows are responsible for securing their own visas, if necessary. We can provide an offer letter to support the visa application process.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Transatlantic Media Fellowship Program.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.