Deadline: 22 February 2016
International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) is offering fellowship through the Freezailah fellowship fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines. The goal is to promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
- Participation in international/regional conferences, short term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture/demonstration tours;
- Technical document preparation, publication and dissemination, such as manuals and monographs;
- Small grants for post graduate studies.
- ITTO fellowship award provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances.
- Promote good governance and enabling policy frameworks for strengthening SFM and related trade, and enhancing SFM financing and investment;
- Increase the contribution of tropical forests to national and local economies, including through international trade;
- Enhance the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity in tropical timber producing forests;
- Reduce tropical deforestation and forest degradation and enhance the provision of environmental services;
- Improve the quality and availability of information on tropical forests, forest product markets and trade; and
- Build and develop human resource capacity to implement SFM and increase trade in forest goods and services from sustainably managed forests.
The maximum amount for a fellowship award is US$10,000.
Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Togo, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Albania, Australia, China, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Republic of Korea ,Switzerland, United States of America.
- Only nationals of above countries are eligible to apply.
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via website, given at the end.
For more information, please visit ITTO Fellowship Programme.