Deadline: 7 February 2016
UN Women is seeking applications from associations to support local level interventions of associations of survivors of conflict related sexual violence and further increase their operational capacities in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
As part of the joint UN project Seeking Care, Support and Justice for CRSV Survivors in Bosnia and Herzegovina implemented in cooperation with UNDP, UNFPA, IOM, UN Women is implementing an activity aimed at strengthening grass-root civil society capacities to support CRSV survivors on the local level.
Since the initiation of the project in September 2014, UN Women has provided training for representatives of associations of survivors and supported them with office equipment.
- Improving the status of associations of survivors in their communities;
- Raise awareness about the consequences of the crimes of CRSV among the local communities;
- Initiating ideas or small interventions for economic empowerment of survivors of their family members in local communities;
- Documenting the engagement of associations of survivors and their successes and results in working with CRSV survivors.
- Small interventions on the local level which will generally contribute to the improvement of the status of associations or survivors themselves, and
- Strengthened capacities of associations of survivors in carrying out small-scale activities and interventions in their local communities.
Grant Information: UN Women is granting four grants to four associations in the amount of 10,000 USD each, or one two joint projects of a consortium of associations in the amount of 20,000 USD each.
The following indicative criteria may be used to assess proposals:
- Quality of proposal, ensuring that there is a strong link between the issues to be addressed and the planned activities and results anticipated
- Clear project logic aligned with the stated goals, expected results of this Call and with the needs of survivors
- Clear demonstration of knowledge of the issues faced by CRSV survivors in the local community
- Takes advantage of existing opportunities such as ongoing reforms
- Justifiable budget
- Involvement of as many members of the association in the project as feasible
How to Apply
Interested applicants can email their complete application forms at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit UN Women.