Deadline: 3 June 2015
The Toyota Global invites non-profit organizations in and outside Japan to apply for Toyota Environmental Activities Grant Program 2015. Organizations can apply for any of the three types of funding opportunities according to the relevancy of project implementation site(s) and whether or not they have received grants from the Toyota before. Non-profit organizations that promote projects to foster individuals seeking solutions of environmental issues and to contribute to practical problem-solving for those issues are invited to apply for the grants.
Types of Grants
- Overseas Project Grants: The limit of the grant amount per project is 7 million yen for projects up to two years (starting from January 2016). Support will be provided to activities implemented in overseas, conducted by group based in Japan or conducted jointly, collaboration between Japan and foreign group.
- Domestic Project Grants: The limit of the grant amount per project is 3 million yen for projects up to two years (starting from January 2016). Support will be provided to community-based activities for the protection of environment. Project implementation sites are limited to Japan
- New Domestic Project Grants: The limit of the grant amount per project is 3 million yen for projects up to two years (starting from January 2016). Support will be provided to community-based projects for environment conservation conducted by Japan-based groups which have never received Toyota grant funding.
- Biodiversity Conservation
- Global Warming Countermeasures
- Private nonprofit institutions/organizations, NPOs (Non-profit organizations), NGOs (Non-governmental organizations), charitable organizations and officially unregistered voluntary organizations or groups are eligible for the grant.
- For-profits, national, regional and municipal government agencies, schools (including from kindergarten to universities) and international institutions (established by international agreements) are not eligible for this grant.
- Projects conducted solely by Japan-based groups or in collaboration between Japan-based groups and foreign-based groups are prioritized for overseas grants. Activities conducted in collaboration between foreign-based groups and overseas affiliates of Toyota Motor Corporation are eligible for this grant.
- Download application form from Toyota website.
- Submit application form and application documents via email.
- Send PASSWORD in a separate email.
Please check ‘Application Procedure’ in Toyota Website and make sure to meet all the requirement so there will be high chance to secure grant. Contact Toyota for help in case of confusion.
- Application forms (download from Toyota website)
- Brochures that include applicants’ information (such as the organizational structure, overview of project activities and financial statement) should be sent along with the Application forms for the final selection. In case an appropriate brochure is not available, please attach a sheet of paper describing the above-mentioned information.
- Brochures of (local) counterpart(s) are also required in case of the project has counterpart(s).
- Pictures of project implementation site(s) if available.
For more information, please visit Toyota Environmental Activities Grant Program.