Deadline: 15 January 2016
Applicants are invited to apply for Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER) program. The U.S. Global Development Lab at USAID is supporting scientific and technological research through PEER.
Through PEER, the Lab leverages investments by other U.S. Government-supported agencies and private sector companies in scientific research and training in order to enhance the development priorities of USAID. The PEER program aims to leverage U.S. Government scientific investment in R&D to support USAID’s development goals in priority countries.
- Understanding the dynamics of family planning in changing communities around world
- Community based interventions that lead to sustainable reproductive health solutions.
- Improve infectious disease detection among refugees both in and out of camps
- Improve infectious disease detection at refugee Points of Entry into asylum countries
- Increase awareness of infectious disease risks among refugee and non-refugee communities
- Improve access to health care of refugee and other high risk populations.
- PEER is seeking to support biodiversity conservation research proposals in Vietnam.
The PEER program is accepting research proposals in the following focus areas:
- Health Implementation Science
- Multiple Research Fields
- Tran boundary Water Research
- Environmental Management and
- Climate Change Resilience
- Infectious Disease in the Middle East
- Renewable Energy and Micro grids
- Rapid Assessment of Fish Stocks in the South China Sea
- Rapid Assessment of Pelagic Fish Stocks in the Sulu-Sulawesi Seas
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Angola, Benin, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia
- National of a PEER-eligible country
- Meets country specific eligibility criteria for focus area to which applying
- Affiliated with and permanently based at an academic institution, non-profit organization, government managed research laboratory or relevant government ministry in a PEER-eligible country
How to apply
Interested applicants can send their Pre-proposal applications at the address, as given on PDF.
For more information, please download the PDF.