Swift Foundation is a Private Foundation Supporting Cultural and Biological Diversity through Environmental Protection & the Local Stewardship of Communities around the world.
The first-time grants ranges between $15,000 and $35,000.
- Acknowledge and affirm the interconnected and holistic nature of addressing biological and cultural diversity.
- Recognize the connection between the presence of Indigenous Peoples and biodiversity in landscapes.
- Regard smallholder agriculture and agroecology as critical to addressing food security and climate change.
- Understand the value of sacred sites as critical to the maintenance and restoration of cultural values and the integrity of landscapes.
- Affirm the significance of connecting local level work with national, regional and international policy change.
- Support integrated approaches to problem solving and linkages between diverse programs, organizations and coalitions.
- EarthRights International, Peru, $30,000: To conduct legal advocacy and provide support for Indigenous groups, threatened by unsustainable and environmentally deleterious development in the Amazon.
- International Indigenous Women’s Forum (FIMI), Global, $50,000: To strengthen indigenous women’s leadership and empowerment through leadership training, capacity building and small grants programs that promote biological and cultural diversity.
- Indigenous Environmental Network, United States and Global, $20,000: To support organizing, campaigns, advocacy, network building and policy development for Native and Indigenous Peoples working for environmental and economic justice.
- Swift Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals.
- Most first-time grants are between $15,000 and $35,000; with exceptions for a first time grant for a particularly promising, innovative or start-up program, project or organization.
- Swift funds both one-time program grants as well as long-term partnerships. Swift Foundation strives to build trust through long-term partnerships and alliances with organizations.
- After a one-year grant Swift may consider a multi-year grant and occasionally a general support grant.
If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download the full list of Foundations Promoting Indigenous Peoples Rights in PDF with links to original sites. Additionally, you can access thousands of other donors in our donor database. Not a Premium Member? Sign up now!