Deadline: 21 April 2016
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Director, Finance and Administration in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 18 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Deputy Director, Finance and Administration will oversee the administrative, logistical, human resource, and financial health of the program, as well as the safety and security of the organization.
SFCG’s mission is to transform the way the world deals with conflict, away from adversarial approaches, toward cooperative solutions.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Director, Finance and Administration will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Supervise/Manage the administrative, financial and logistical staff.
- Oversee the management of grants and budgets, including budget monitoring, compliance and analysis.
- Ensure compliance with SFCG and donor rules and requirements.
- Oversee the procurement of equipment and supplies, in collaboration with appropriate staff in Burundi and in headquarters.
- Oversee the overall Human Resources policies and procedures for SFCG in Burundi.
- Assist the Country Director in managing and reporting the finances of the field office, establishing and monitoring a system of checks and balances to ensure the program’s financial stability and viability within the annual operating budget.
- Oversee SFCG Burundi policies and procedures, ensuring that they comply with SFCG policies.
- Ensure that SFCG policies comply with Burundian legislation.
- Design and update security contingency plans, in collaboration with appropriate staff.
- Deputize, when appropriate, for the Country Director in his/her absence, including representing the organization.
- Coordinate with the Country Director in developing and maintaining proactive, positive and professional relationships with partner organizations, other NGOs, donors, clients, key government officials and institutions, civil society groups and Medias, etc.
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, particularly contributing to its Institutional Learning efforts in the systematizing of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience in finance and administrative positions, including managing and training people.
- Knowledge of major donor rules and regulations, and the ability to manage multi-donor funding.
- Strong spreadsheet and data analysis skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel).
- Commitment to working in a conflict transformation organization and flexible to respond to dynamic situations.
- Ability to manage multiple activities at once.
- Dynamic and flexible self-starter, with a desire to be part of a larger organization.
- Dynamic, motivated and flexible leader with creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Spoken and written Fluency in French and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit SFCG.