Deadline: 21 April 2016
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Director, Finance and Administration in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 18 months.
The Deputy Director, Finance and Administration will oversee the administrative, logistical, human resource, and financial health of the program, as well as the safety and security of the organization.
SFCG’s mission is to transform the way the world deals with conflict, away from adversarial approaches, toward cooperative solutions.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Director, Finance and Administration will perform the following functions-
- Supervise/Manage the administrative, financial and logistical staff.
- Oversee the management of grants and budgets, including budget monitoring, compliance and analysis.
- Ensure compliance with SFCG and donor rules and requirements.
- Oversee the procurement of equipment and supplies, in collaboration with appropriate staff in Burundi and in headquarters.
- Oversee the overall Human Resources policies and procedures for SFCG in Burundi.
- Assist the Country Director in managing and reporting the finances of the field office, establishing and monitoring a system of checks and balances to ensure the program’s financial stability and viability within the annual operating budget.
- Oversee SFCG Burundi policies and procedures, ensuring that they comply with SFCG policies.
- Ensure that SFCG policies comply with Burundian legislation.
- Design and update security contingency plans, in collaboration with appropriate staff.
- Deputize, when appropriate, for the Country Director in his/her absence, including representing the organization.
- Coordinate with the Country Director in developing and maintaining proactive, positive and professional relationships with partner organizations, other NGOs, donors, clients, key government officials and institutions, civil society groups and Medias, etc.
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, particularly contributing to its Institutional Learning efforts in the systematizing of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience in finance and administrative positions, including managing and training people.
- Knowledge of major donor rules and regulations, and the ability to manage multi-donor funding.
- Strong spreadsheet and data analysis skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel).
- Commitment to working in a conflict transformation organization and flexible to respond to dynamic situations.
- Ability to manage multiple activities at once.
- Dynamic and flexible self-starter, with a desire to be part of a larger organization.
- Dynamic, motivated and flexible leader with creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Spoken and written Fluency in French and English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit SFCG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.