Deadline: 13 April 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Administrative Services Specialist will be accountable for provision of managerial leadership and policy guidance for achievement of effective administrative service management and staff capacity development.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Services Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- As technical specialist and manager, accountable for the correct and consistent application of policies and procedures in the management of administrative functions through the provision of technical leadership, guidance and support to the country office and sub-offices where applicable.
- Contribute to global, regional and country strategic planning and policy changes/formulation on administrative matters as necessary.
- Provide technical input to the establishment of administrative guidelines in close coordination with the head of office, Chief of Operations and DFAM.
- Coordinate and manages all staff official travels to ensure efficiency and prompt accountability of staff official travels in accordance with UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Brief and assists arriving and departing staff on administrative procedures and requirements.
- Liaise with the Regional Office and HQ Divisions to support policy reform in the area of administrative service management; advises on the applicability of new policy directives at the country level.
- Make viable recommendations on the improvement of systems and internal controls, and resolution of sensitive issues, taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Keep the supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, and identifies and recommends solutions.
- Prepare reports on administrative matters.
- Provide administrative support and services to country and sub-country offices where applicable, including preparation and funding of service contracts, preparations of PGMs for all administrative supplies.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative arrangements and makes appropriate recommendations as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Management, Administration, Finance, or any other relevant field of discipline.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.