Deadline: 13 April 2016
The Administrative Services Specialist will be accountable for provision of managerial leadership and policy guidance for achievement of effective administrative service management and staff capacity development.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Services Specialist will perform the following functions-
- As technical specialist and manager, accountable for the correct and consistent application of policies and procedures in the management of administrative functions through the provision of technical leadership, guidance and support to the country office and sub-offices where applicable.
- Contribute to global, regional and country strategic planning and policy changes/formulation on administrative matters as necessary.
- Provide technical input to the establishment of administrative guidelines in close coordination with the head of office, Chief of Operations and DFAM.
- Coordinate and manages all staff official travels to ensure efficiency and prompt accountability of staff official travels in accordance with UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Brief and assists arriving and departing staff on administrative procedures and requirements.
- Liaise with the Regional Office and HQ Divisions to support policy reform in the area of administrative service management; advises on the applicability of new policy directives at the country level.
- Make viable recommendations on the improvement of systems and internal controls, and resolution of sensitive issues, taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Keep the supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, and identifies and recommends solutions.
- Prepare reports on administrative matters.
- Provide administrative support and services to country and sub-country offices where applicable, including preparation and funding of service contracts, preparations of PGMs for all administrative supplies.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative arrangements and makes appropriate recommendations as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Management, Administration, Finance, or any other relevant field of discipline.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.