Deadline: 13 April 2016
The Administrative Services Specialist will be accountable for provision of managerial leadership and policy guidance for achievement of effective administrative service management and staff capacity development.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Services Specialist will perform the following functions-
- As technical specialist and manager, accountable for the correct and consistent application of policies and procedures in the management of administrative functions through the provision of technical leadership, guidance and support to the country office and sub-offices where applicable.
- Contribute to global, regional and country strategic planning and policy changes/formulation on administrative matters as necessary.
- Provide technical input to the establishment of administrative guidelines in close coordination with the head of office, Chief of Operations and DFAM.
- Coordinate and manages all staff official travels to ensure efficiency and prompt accountability of staff official travels in accordance with UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Brief and assists arriving and departing staff on administrative procedures and requirements.
- Liaise with the Regional Office and HQ Divisions to support policy reform in the area of administrative service management; advises on the applicability of new policy directives at the country level.
- Make viable recommendations on the improvement of systems and internal controls, and resolution of sensitive issues, taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Keep the supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, and identifies and recommends solutions.
- Prepare reports on administrative matters.
- Provide administrative support and services to country and sub-country offices where applicable, including preparation and funding of service contracts, preparations of PGMs for all administrative supplies.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative arrangements and makes appropriate recommendations as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Management, Administration, Finance, or any other relevant field of discipline.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.