Deadline: 17 January 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Deputy Director will perform the following functions-
- Analysis of complex data, statistics and information or policy guidelines, so as to promote labour market policies consistent with ILO fundamental principles and rights at work, the ILO Decent Work Agenda and UN Sustainable Development Goals, promoting jobs and enterprise, guaranteeing rights at work, extending social protection and promoting social dialogue, with gender as a cross-cutting theme.
- Develop and review an institutional framework enabling social partners to implement, evaluate and improve efficient and equitable ILO technical cooperation projects and programmes in China.
- Support the mobilization of resources to advance the implementation of the Decent Work Country Programme for China and to promote South-South cooperation in support of the DWCPs of selected ILO member States.
- Coordinate high-level joint activities of China and the ILO such as the ILO Centenary Initiative and the Joint Review of the MOHRSS-ILO Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Keep the Office and relevant regional and headquarters units up to date on national developments including ratification of ILO Conventions, adoption of new laws, policies and programmes relating to the ILO’s various fields of competence. Disseminate relevant social and economic publications.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of ILO knowledge products and advocacy materials for dissemination in China to ensure efficient use by targeted partner institutions.
- Conduct activities to share knowledge including the showcase of Chinese good experience in the field of Decent Work Agenda and the introduction of ILO expertise areas which China could learn from.
- Support institutional partnership building between ILO and national administration and research institutions.
- Responsibility for the quality of English and Chinese translations of documents prepared in and for use by the Office and national counterparts.
- Represent the Director and ILO at diplomatic and national functions, ceremonies, national seminars and workshops and other events.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in law, economics or political or social science or other relevant field, with proven specialist knowledge in the relevant technical field or a first level university degree in one of the afore-mentioned subjects with two years of relevant experience in addition to the required experience.
- At least seven years of professional experience in the management of technical cooperation programmes or other closely related experience, as well as with employment, labour and social policies and research projects, including at least five years at the international level.
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin Chinese is required.
- Knowledge of another working language of the ILO (French, Spanish) or of Mongolian would be an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.