The Counterpart International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Advocacy Expert based in Maputo, Mozambique.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Senior Advocacy Expert will be responsible for the technical direction and oversight of advocacy strengthening for civil society groups.
The Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community by equipping individuals, organizations and communities to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Advocacy Expert will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Provide technical leadership on advocacy strengthening.
- Lead the development of program strategies, planning and implementation of program activities while ensuring cohesion among the program components.
- Guide and ensure the highest quality of project monitoring, evaluation, reporting and communications, in line with USAID’s rules, regulations and requirements.
- Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned and share them with Counterpart and USAID through regular program reports and online Knowledge Management portal.
- Provide mentoring and professional development support to project staff, with emphasis on building capacity of national staff.
- Deliver technical presentations on program achievements to audiences, including implementing partners, civil society organizations, government officials, USAID, and other relevant organizations.
- Ensure Counterpart’s best practices are institutionalized within the program and adapted to the local context.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as international development, political science, public health or policy; a Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in civil society capacity building and civic activism, including expertise in advocacy program design, training, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation. A combination of experience in one or more of the following technical areas is highly desired: biodiversity conservation, climate change education, extractive industry oversight, government transparency and accountability, and health.
- Demonstrated expertise required in coaching and training related to effective civic activism in one or more of the above mentioned areas.
- At least five (5) years of project management for donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience with civic engagement and government accountability initiatives, especially in Southern/Western Africa; good knowledge of Mozambique’s socio-political and economic contexts preferred.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Expertise in effective skills building and organizational learning required.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with diverse teams and building partnerships.
- Commitment to gender integration; experience with gender integration a plus.
- Professional level speaking, reading, and writing in English and Portuguese are required.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Counterpart International.