The World Resource Institute (WRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Sustainability Manager based in Washington DC, USA.
The Sustainability Manager reports to WRI’s Chief Financial and Administrative Officer working closely with facilities, communications, conference services, and program staff across all WRI offices.
WRI is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Sustainability Manager will perform the following functions-
- Lead update process and implementation of WRI’s sustainability strategy:
- Set broader ESG goals and update existing GHG targets based on lessons learned over the past five years.
- Develop metrics to track success.
- Revamp staff engagement to enable greater participation and support of environmental research staff in WRI’s sustainability efforts and change behaviors to meet our goals.
- Manage cross-organization projects and efforts that identify and support sustainability opportunities, leading to success with WRI’s goals.
- Manage projects and engagement efforts across WRI to better integrate sustainability into WRI’s decision-making and operations.
- Act as committee chair of WRI’s volunteer sustainability team – Sustainability Champions.
- Manage collaboration with international office staff to institute key sustainability efforts globally.
- Lead collaboration with WRI’s facilities, conference services/events, IT, and communication staff to support a sustainable workplace for staff and events.
- Lead staff engagement approach to further internalize sustainability efforts.
- Develop internal communications to engage staff in sustainability efforts.
- Lead communication strategy for our work including annual Sustainability Report and support internal investigation of integrated reporting – following the Global Reporting Index approach.
- Manage WRI’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory and other metric collection.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in environmental policy, engineering, public administration, public policy, economics, business, corporate sustainability/responsibility, or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience in fields related to sustainability/ESG.
- Minimum 4-5 years of work experience in project management with demonstrated ability in project strategy.
- Strong understanding of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and/or corporate sustainability issues.
- Outstanding ability to communicate clearly, passionately, and confidently both internally and externally to influence, form networks, and drive change.
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to be flexible with approaches and to think outside the box to solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, take initiative, and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Experience with MS-Excel and strong quantitative skills.
- Experience with completing GHG inventories and other sustainability metric calculations.
- Experience leading committees and/or staff engagement projects.
- Experience designing sustainability strategies for NGOs, governments, or corporations.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit WRI.