Deadline: 26 January 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research and Advocacy Specialist in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration for the post is of 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Research and Advocacy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and finalize data collection and analysis on UN-ACT research priorities, with data collectors and partner agencies.
- Produce final draft research reports, including through coordinating feedback from partners.
- Develop and implement advocacy and dissemination strategy of research findings.
- Consult and coordinate with research and academic partners on research plans and curricula for furthering research in the anti-trafficking sector.
- Increase awareness of UN-ACT’s research and collaborations with the international organizations working on human trafficking and related issues.
- Input into developments in human trafficking research at an international and regional level.
- Trafficking of women from Cambodia to China for forced marriage, expected duration to complete is 3 months, the target due date is Mar 2016.
- Trafficking of men from Cambodia and Myanmar onto fishing boats, expected duration to complete is 10 months, the target due date is Oct 2016.
- The experience of Lao migrant workers and using formal recruitment agencies: expected duration to complete is 7 months, the target due date is Jul 2016.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in development studies, social sciences or related field.
- At least five years of professional experience working in research, including designing methods and tools; conducting data collection; analyzing and report writing; as well as delivering trainings and supervising teams of data collectors.
- Demonstrated familiarity in dealing with GMS governments and international organizations, including in a research context.
- Proven background in migration and human trafficking, especially in the GMS and Southeast Asia.
- Excellent skills in Windows-based computer applications.
- Knowledge of SPSS statistical analysis software and experience in gender-related work.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.