Deadline: 5 April 2016
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Food Security Specialist in Yemen.
The Food Security Specialist will be responsible for the development of the Core Competencies (CC) within the Yemen programme.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Food Security Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop CC strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies.
- Contribute to identifying funding opportunities, and develop and revise funding proposal, budget and donor reports.
- Responsible for following up on compliance with contractual commitments within CC, and ensure high technical quality and synergies.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities and assess better ways to assist.
- Ensure key learning’s are extracted from CC implementation, and incorporate them in CC development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Ensure all strategies, proposals and plans have taken into account gender, protection and accountability principles and are in line with international standards (Sphere, CoC, HAP etc).
- Play a proactive role in integrating Food Security CC strategy with other CC strategies (namely WASH, Shelter, Education and ICLA) to ensure maximum impact.
- Ensure that the strategy is informed by sound analysis, with consultations with teams and concerned stakeholders.
- Ensure that programmes strategies are devised in promotion of NRC’s values, culture and beliefs.
- Explore and develop strategic partners contributing to quality and scaling up of programmes.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in relevant areas: social sciences, nutrition, rural development, agriculture, etc; master’s qualification in related area an advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of emergency food security and livelihoods experience in a complex/protracted humanitarian context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Solid experience in cash/voucher-transfer, nutrition and social protection programming.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.