Deadline: 17 November 2015
The Terre des Hommes is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer based in Mwanza, Tanzania.
The Programme Officer will ensure that the project partners deliver effective and efficient services to vulnerable children, in line with Terre des Hommes Netherlands’ strategy, policies and procedures, and as per partner contracts as entered into between Terre des Hommes Netherlands and the partner.
Terre des Hommes prevents child exploitation in developing countries, rescues children from exploitative situations and ensures that these children can continue their development in a safe environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Analyse the project partners’ context and operational, organisational and project management, participate in conducting context analysis of proposed projects, including budgets, and evaluate whether the proposed project is in line with Terre des Hommes Netherlands’ policies, strategy and laid–down selection criteria such as formulated within the Calls for Proposals.
- Prepare the necessary documentation for approval of new and on-going partnerships and project proposals according to the Terre des Hommes Netherlands’ guidelines and formats.
- Advise whether or not to give the proposal further consideration and discuss the analysis with the Country Manager and others as appropriate, in preparation for final decision making.
- Support and monitor the project partners through regular communications and programme visits at least once per quarter and ensure that programme and finance commitments as per partner contracts are being fulfilled. Liaise with the Finance and Administration Officer regarding budgets and expenditure.
- Ensure that all scheduled partner and project reports such as progress and financial reports are delivered timely and that they are of good quality, according to Terre des Hommes Netherlands’ standards, analyse the received information and compile the necessary reports to CM.
- Support the Marketing and Communication Officer at Regional Office with information and materials for marketing and communication, e.g. for the newsletters.
- Apply Terre des Hommes Netherlands’ tools in organisational assessment, M&E and capacity building.
- Identify together with project partners areas for further improvement on management and/ or programme quality of project partners and define frameworks, procedures and indicators oriented towards improved organisational and project management.
- Guide project partners, give capacity building training and give direction so that they improve on quality of work, efficiency, effectiveness of the desired outputs and sustainability of results.
- As part of a team, translate developments and situation specific information into thematic and country annual and strategic policies.
- To assist in the continuous assessment of child protection needs and gaps in the country in order to ensure that these are appropriately reflected in project strategies and interventions.
- To identify new trends and developments in the area of child exploitation.
- Generate an individual implementation work-plan in line with agreed-on policies.
- As and when relevant, coordinate activities of assigned consultants for specific tasks, such as research, etc.
- Perform any other duties as relevant for the country programme and as can reasonably be expected from the position, in consultation with the Country Manager.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- MA in a relevant field, such as development cooperation, child rights, etc.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with Child Rights based programming is an advantage.
- Experience with Lobby & Advocacy.
- Proven experience in capacity building of civil society organisations.
- Knowledge of and experience in project cycle management, including the use of logical framework, theory of change and other planning tools.
- Experience with financial management.
- Knowledge of the political, religious and social structures of the country/ region and the relevant language(s).
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Swahili.
- This position requires frequent travel within the country as well as occasionally to the regional office.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their motivation letter together with your detailed CV via email.
For more information, please visit Terre des Hommes.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.